The Hydrovane series of rotary sliding vane compressors are reliable, versatile, powerful and cost-effective. Today we’re sharing 11 reasons why Hydrovane compressors in GA are simply the best value in rotary compressors.
1. Hydrovane has been designing and manufacturing rotary compressors for about 50 years. They have put into a worldwide market over 890,000 units, from the 2-horsepower to 100-horsepower range.
2. No matter what the compressor size or horsepower, Hydrovane compressors run between 1,450 to 2,200 rpm. While the same size rotary screws compressors run from 2,500 to 9,000 rpm.
3. Hydrovane compressors in GA are all direct drive, and are driven with a shock absorbing coupling system. This eliminates the need for speed increasing boston gear reducers and over tensioning belts.
4. Hydrovane compressors in GA have 2-shell type bearings that allow 100,000 to 150,000 hours of real running time. This is not a B-10 or L-10 bearing failure life rating, but actual running hours in your facility.
5. Hydrovane compressors have no axial forces generated by the compressor. With no axial forces present, the need for complicated and preloaded bearing configurations are eliminated. The cost to rebuild an RSU (rotor stator unit) is greatly reduced to that of a rotary screw style compressor.
6. The Hydrovane Advance 10 extended-warranty program is a unique market-leading compressor care package designed to deliver comprehensive warranty coverage for up to 10 years of 48,000 operating hours on all Hydrovane compressors in GA.
7. Hydrovane compressors have one of the most advanced control systems in today’s market. With this system, air pressure can be held to a nominal .2 bar (3-5 psi) range with no costly external components. The system has an instantaneous control adjustment to the changes that are taking place with your air needs.
8. Hydrovane features all the control systems as standard equipment.
9. Hydrovane compressors have the lowest oil carryover, with only a <3 ppm. oil carryover. Hydrovane uses a multilevel internal separation system before the vapor is ever introduced into the separators. This increases their performance and their life.
11. With its low noise level, the Hydrovane compressor can be installed right alongside your equipment.
The Rotary Vane Principle of the Hydrovane Compressor
• Air is drawn in through the intake valve.
• Air is contained between the rotor and stator wall.
• Air is compressed by decreasing volume. Lubricant is continually injected to cool, seal and lubricate.
• High pressure air passes into the primary oil separator.
• Remaining traces of lubricant are removed in a final separator element, ensuring high quality air.
• System air passes through the aftercooler, removing most of the condensate.
• Lubricant is circulated by differential air pressure (No lubricant pump required). It passes through an air-blast lubricant cooler and filter before being returned to the compressor.
• Air flow is regulated by an built-in modulation system.