Shopping online is easy; well, at least, the buying part is. The delivery part is not easy – in fact, it can be quite stressful. If you’re not willing and able to stay home waiting for a valuable package, it gets left on your doorstep and becomes a prime target for fast-working package thieves. You can stop package thieves in their tracks with home security monitoring in Davenport.
Package theft now affects millions of homeowners every year. Even if you haven’t been a victim, you’ve likely worried about it, or taken time off work to ensure that a valuable delivery made it indoors.
How Does Home Security Monitoring In Davenport Protect You?
Advanced home security technology helps you protect your porch and your deliveries. A smart home security system, equipped with a smart lock and a doorbell camera, gives you several ways to thwart a thief.
Video awareness: You can’t choose when your packages are delivered, but you can know instantly when it happens. A doorbell camera sends an alert to your smartphone when a delivery person rings the bell
Remote access control: When the delivery person rings your video doorbell and you’ve verified their identity, you can actually unlock your front door with the lock icon on the video call screen.
Crime-fighting video technology: Thieves do their best to avoid homes with cameras and security systems because of the increased likeliness of being captured on camera and tracked down.
What can you do in addition to home security monitoring in Davenport?
To ensure safe delivery of your packages and keep them out of the hands of thieves, follow these important home security tips.
• Have packages delivered to where you are, not where you’re not. Your home is not the only place you can have your packages delivered.
• Set up alternative delivery/pickup options through your local delivery services. Whether the majority of your packages are delivered by the U.S. Postal Service, UPS, or FedEx, each offers alternative delivery and pickup options.
• When mailing packages through your local post office or another delivery service, require the packages to be signed for when they are delivered.
• For items you order and have delivered to family and friends, talk to them ahead of time about your concerns about package theft and ask what the safest option is for them.
• Talk to your neighbors and encourage everyone to keep an eye out for unfamiliar vehicles and people in your neighborhood. This is especially important when a delivery truck arrives on your street.
Protect Your Packages and Your Home With Home Security Monitoring in Davenport
Package theft isn’t limited to the holidays – it’s a year-round problem. To ensure packages are safely delivered to you and your loved ones, take the time to implement the home security tips discussed above. In addition, share them with your friends and family to ensure they, too, are protected against today’s greedy package thieves.
Ready to stop package thieves in their tracks? Call us today to discuss your options for home security monitoring in Davenport.